Friday, September 3, 2010

I am an idiot

June 12, 2010

So... for the past 2 weeks, I've been waiting... VERY impatiently... for our fingerprint appointment. I know exactly how many days are left until the appt. I'm SO excited and hopeful that the prints clear quickly and our officer can approve our I800A ASAP.

So, what did I do today.... Went out in the yard, dug around in the mulch and pulled weeds. Without gloves. And what do I have now... finger pads FULL of dirt... dirt that can interfere with the delicate fingerprint machine... dirt that's so ground in it won't come off with several rounds of soap and water... dirt that I can NOT scrub off too vigorously bcs that too could impact the prints.

Now... anyone who's visited our home knows that gardening is no where near our forte. We probably weed about twice a season... so WHY in the WORLD did I pick today??? Ack! Why didn't I realize what I was doing to my fingers!!

I've got three days to hope that I haven't screwed things up too horribly... if my prints fail and I need to wait for another appt, that just more weeks that Jack has to stay in an orphanage. That will be a horrible feeling. For the next three days, I'm on a strict regimen of applying Corn Huskers Lotion, which apparently is highly recommended by the fingerprinting folks for being great for prepping your fingers for prints. Please please please let this work...

No comments:

Post a Comment